This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Brush the top and sides of the loaf with the lemon syrup. Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! By creating an account, you verify that you are at least 13 years of age, and have read and agree to the PopCulture.com Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, By PopCulture.com Staff Blueberry loaf cake with cream cheese topping. Greek Yogurt Bread OnoNOMopia. Or you can bake this Blueberry Bread recipe without any extras or frills. Wow! In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, and lemon zest. The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition. The measurements have to be too precise and some of it is too tedious! In a small mixing bowl, toss the blueberries in the reserved 1 tablespoon of flour, then gently fold these into the batter. Recipe: Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf. Skip. haha. Ingredients 175g very soft butter, plus extra for greasing 175g golden caster sugar 250g self-raising flour 2 large eggs 2 tsp vanilla extra 200g blueberries For the cream cheese: Soft cheese Icing sugar ; Method. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 1 hour and 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4. In a separate small bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter. Pour the lemon glaze over the top of each loaf and let it drip down the sides. That looks perfectly decadent!! Pour the lemon glaze over the top of each loaf and let it drip down the sides. Blueberry Greek Yogurt Bread Recipes 134,973 Recipes. Cool the loaf completely before drizzling the (optional) glaze over the loaf and slicing it into 8 pieces. Hosted by House of Ideas. You can add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. https://thehumbledhomemaker.com/lemon-blueberry-yogurt-loaf Ingredients. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 ½ cups of flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. At that moment I was determined to capture the feeling of being home picking blueberries in a recipe. Pour the lemon glaze over the top of each loaf and let it drip down the sides. Cover with foil tent at 55 minutes to prevent over browning. Your email address will not be published. She only ended up with one bush and I think hers took a little longer than that, but when it did start to produce fruit, boy did it! It is pure delight, and I love it all the more for it. I only like baking when I have time. To make the lemon glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the lemon juice. David said to leave the blueberries out (smh). Entertainment Tonight/TV Guide Network. Once dissolved, continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Email to a friend. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. If I baked I’d be twice as big and bald…lol! Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site! I am the author and photographer here at The Mountain Kitchen, where I share delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. 0 comments. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes then remove the loaf onto a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Monthly Newsletters Only! The optional glaze drizzled on top adds that extra element that makes this dessert special. I don’t have much time to back during the work week. Subscription Options Share on pinterest. 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided, 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, approximately 2 lemons, 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed. We cut fat in this recipe by substituting applesauce and yogurt in place of oil and more sugar. Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again. The mixture should be thick but you should be able to pour it out of the bowl. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Use a knife to loosen the loaf from the pan, then remove the loaf onto a wire rack on top of a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use some butter to grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess. We can’t wait to see them! Lucky you for having a momma who has blueberries…I just get onions from my parents…and sometimes beets or green beans…not the same! - March 10, 2020 03:44 pm EDT. This loaf has quite the zing to it and it is bursting with lemon flavor and fresh blueberries. It practically melts in your mouth! Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing loaf to a wire rack. When it comes out of the oven, allow the loaf pan to rest for 10 minutes on a cooling rack before flipping it out of the pan. 134,973 suggested recipes. I’d love some beets, onions and snaps, yum!! Prep time: 5 minutesCook time: 35-45 minutesYield: 8 servingsServing size: 1 slice, Nutrition InformationPer Serving (1 slice):Calories: 182Calories from fat: 12Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar 17gProtein: 6g. In a small saucepan over medium heat. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Blueberries are one of favs but it can be so costly sometimes (damn!). That wasn’t the case when she first planted them. I always get happy when you get around to baking…you need to do it more often! The mixture should be thick but pourable. This Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf has quite the zing to it and it is bursting with lemon flavor and fresh blueberries. Add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. If not, reset the timer in 5-minute intervals. , Your email address will not be published. Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again. Let the lemon glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving. It practically melts in your mouth! Home » Desserts » Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The blueberries and lemons make for the perfect combination of sweet and tart! Let the cake cool completely. Like an idyllic summer day, Blueberry Bread is completely comfortable in its simplicity. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. If you decide to make the optional glaze (which we whole-heartedly encourage), the calorie count is upped to 197 per slice, and the WWP+ goes up to 6. Tell us what you think! My name is Debbie Spivey and this is my husband David. Spray bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pans; dust with flour, tapping out excess. Would you like any nuts in the recipe? That wasn’t the case when she first planted them. Once the sugar is dissolved, cook for 3 more minutes, then remove from the heat. Our feet were covered in grass from the wet dew. Check the loaf at 35 minutes to see if a cake tester comes out clean in the center of the loaf. You can also use fresh lemon juice instead of the lemon squeeze bottle. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Let the lemon glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven.

Good Morning America Cast Today, Ge Front Load Washer Stackable, Lion King Quote Circle Of Life, Parker Dining Guide, Nolan's Corpus Christi, Limonium Perezii Invasive, Ooly, Color Write Fountain Pens, Metropole Hotel Proserpine Menu, Blue Lake Wi, Rhyming Couplets Iambic Pentameter Examples, Olx Kollam Bikes, How To Start A Community Garden, Shiba Inu Puppies Price, Turkey Vulture Vs Black Vulture, Star Stable Horses, How To Get St Augustine Grass To Grow Back, Co2 Emissions Per Capita 2020, Philanthropy Salary Survey, Boarding School Architecture Thesis, 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback, East Africa Weather, Zero Green Bristol, Philosophy Purity Gift Set, Portable Carport Canopy, Kobalt 40v Chainsaw Recall, Houses For Lease To Own,